- Utgå från busstationen och gå 40 meter mot floden (norrut).
- Korsa bron och ta första grusvägen vänster.
- Promenera 50 meter och sväng höger precis innan ni kommer ned till stranden.
- 20 meter till och ni är framme vid en hög träbyggnad – hostal Esperanto!
- Det tar mindre än 5 minuter att gå till busstationen/byns centrum.
Välkommen till Esperanto Hostel
How To Get To Montañita
Esperanto is located 2 hours from Guayaquil. The infrastructure is good, providing reliable roads from the city to the coast. You can get to Montañita via car, a private taxi or a bus.
Travel By Bus
You can purchase a bus ticket to the coast from Guayaquil’s ”Terminal Terreste” bus station. To view the current bus company schedules and fares, please visit the Guayaquil Terminal Terreste website: http://ttg.ec
A direct bus runs from Guayaquil to Montañita between 4AM -8PM from Monday to Sunday. You can buy a ticket at the cooperative ”CLP” bus office, which is located on the first floor of the bus station’s ticket area. Direct buses fill up quickly so you will need to purchase your ticket as early as possible.
Cooperativa CLP Bus Information:
- Guayaquil – Montañita: 05:00, 6:00, 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:30, 18:30
- Montañita- Guayaquil: 04:45, 05:45, 10:00, 13:00, 15:00, 16:30
- Cooperative Libertad Peninsular website: http://libertadpeninsular.com
- Bus Fare: $5.60 USD.
A non-direct bus is also available from Guayaquil to Santa Elena/Salinas where you will take a second bus to Montañita. From Guyaquil’s Terminal Terreste, you can take the Liberpesa bus to the Santa Elena/Salinas Terminal Terreste. The bus runs from 4:00AM – 8:20PM and leaves every 5 minutes.
Liberpesa Bus Information:
- Guayaquil – Santa Elena: 05:00, 6:00, 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:30, 18:30
- Liberpesa Bus Company website: http://liberpesa.com.ec
Other Transportation Options:
Private Taxi to Montañita: 24 hour service ranging from $70-$100 per taxi.
- Montañisol Taxi Company: http://www.montanisol.com/en/
- Whatsapp: +593-968-911-333; Direct: +593-998-883-983
- Email: email@example.com
Getting Around Locally In Montañita
From Montañita guests can venture out to nearby towns and cities via the public bus (the Green ManglarAlto bus) from the main highway. A bus stop is located just off the main street (la calle principal) in the city center but buses will pick people up anywhere along the road. All you need to do is signal them by waving your hand as they approach. Bus fare ranges depending on your destination but a one-way trip will cost anywhere from $0.50 to $3.
Local taxis are also available the main highway or from the city center and are quicker than the bus. Taxis typically run between ManglarAlto to Olon for $1.50 but will take you anywhere you need to go. Again, depending on your final destination the fare price will vary. It is recommended to negotiate and confirm the final fare price before departure.